In accordance with the local order, all customers are required to wear a facial covering while in this store.
Attention ERIK'S Customers:
We appreciate your patience & understanding!
Rasmussen is now Rassy’s Bike Shop. We’re excited to be powered by ERIK’S. We think you’ll be thrilled with the upgrades!
What is changing at Rassy's?
A lot of things will stay the same. We’re continuing with what has made Rassy’s a great bike shop and a great friend to the cycling community in Des Moines, Iowa. It’s the same amazing Rassy’s staff ready to find you the perfect bike, or service any bike brand.
The changes you will notice…
• Huge Inventory Expansion: Access to the largest inventory of bikes in the Midwest, the largest selection of Specialized bikes in the US, and the largest selection of Santa Cruz mountain bikes in the Midwest. We stock Road Bikes, Electric Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Fat Bikes, Comfort Bikes, Kids' Bikes, BMX Bikes, and more! We have the perfect ride for you. Plus, we have the latest and greatest cycling gear in the industry.
• Shop & Purchase Online: You can shop how you want, when you want. Rassy’s is now integrated with shopERIKS.com. You can buy online and pick up in-store. You can buy online and get it shipped directly to you as well. And of course, you can buy in store with the help of our expert staff.
• Low Price Guarantee: We work hard to offer you the best products at great prices. If you find a lower price, we will give you a store credit for the difference. Click here for complete details.
• ERIK’S Extras: This is free with the purchase of every new bike from Rassy’s. It includes one year of free bike adjustments, one free tune-up, and a lifetime extended parts warranty. Learn more here.
• Gear Experts: ERIK’S has industry leading training to ensure our employees are experts on the gear we sell. We have extensive training for all new employees and provide continued training for all staff, so they are knowledgeable about the latest bikes and cycling products.
• Electric Bike Leader: ERIK’S has one of the largest inventories of electric bikes in the Midwest. We offer a great selection of the most trusted brands in the industry. All eBikes are built by professional assemblers following our strict quality standards. If your eBike has issues, we will service your bike or work with the manufacturer to fix the problem. Click here to learn more about buying an electric bike from ERIK’S or swing by our shop for a free eBike test ride.
The Rassy’s name comes from Rasmussen, the family that started the shop in 1974. Rassy’s has everything you would expect from ERIK’S including a great selection of mountain bikes, road bikes, electric bikes, commuter bikes, recreational bikes and more! Our service department will repair any bicycle brand – and many jobs can be done same day! Rassy’s is located on Grand Avenue a couple blocks west of the Walnut Creek Trail in West Des Moines. See some of our favorite trails in the area here. Stop by our shop to learn more!
Note about Skis and Snowboards:
This store does NOT stock ski and snowboard equipment or service ski and snowboards. But all products - including skis, snowboards, and winter apparel can be purchased online and shipped to any ERIK’S store.
Electric Bike Store - ERIK’S has Electric Bikes at every location. We offer in-store test rides on a trainer to help you get familiarized with the controls and the motor assist. We also offer on-street test rides so you can get the full experience of riding and electric bike. We have the best selection of e-bikes in the Midwest. Are you a commuter? Casual rider? Mountain bikers? However you ride… we have the electric bike for you!
Bikes - Every ERIK'S location has a great selection of bikes to choose from as well as the expert staff on hand to help you pick the right bike for you. Wheel on in today and test ride your next bike! We're here to make the experience fun and work to meet your unique riding needs.
Service - We pride ourselves on quality service of all bikes; whether it's a brand new bike, or an old favorite, we know you'd rather be riding. ERIK'S offers Same Day Service on many repairs and adjustments to get you in and out quickly. Every bike we sell also comes with one year free adjustments and one free tune up at no additional charge. From October through March, Erik's also can get your skis and snowboards waxed tuned and ready to ride.
Bike Sizing - The best bikes are properly sized. Every ERIK'S location has trained staff on hand to size your next bike - a critical step in getting you on the right road bike. If you're interested in road bikes, we start by measuring your unique body and deciding on the right size of bike. For the ultimate in comfort and performance, look to our Body Geometry Fit services to get your bike dialed.
Performance Scooters - Everybody starts somewhere, and for kicking around the neighborhood, or hitting the local skatepark, scooters are a great way for young riders to explore and learn new skills. Erik's carries scooters that are made to last and serviceable; from street to dirt, see why little wheels can be a lot of fun!
Skateboards and Longboards - Skateboarding knows no age limit, so whether you're most at home in skatepark, or cruising the streets and paths on a longboard, we've got great brands and staff that rides to help you make your selection. When it's time to change out wheels or bearings, we've got a great part selection to keep you rolling as well.