S-Works Recon Wide Shoes
Finding the perfect high-performance pair of off-road shoes can be tough going, but with the 2019 S-Works Recon Wide Shoes, the choice is simple. Exceptional power transfer? Check. Gram-counter approved? Check. Undeniable style? You got it. With the S-Works Recon shoes, you get off-road shoes that ready for any kind of adventure, whether it's gravel, cyclocross, or XC racing.
Specialized took a no-holds-barred approach to transferring every bit of your power to the pedals. The sole utilizes a rubber toe and heel for superior off-the-bike traction, while the pontoons are made of a harder TPU to provide excellent stability and power transfer to the pedal. A completely refined Padlock Heel, meanwhile, packs in more comfort with the same exceptional heel hold that you found in the previous iteration. And finally, the space-grade Dyneema material used in the upper doesn’t stretch when pulled on, making sure that your foot stays where it’s supposed to.
In the comfort arena, there’s all of the Body Geometry features you know and love, like the Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and Metatarsal Button. Each one of these features have been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to not only boost power, but also to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of injury. Specialized also took luxury into account by designing the S-Works Recon to have form that complements its function, so you'll find seams that are bonded together, rather than sewn, cleaning up the lines and contouring to your foot with slipper-like comfort. The custom CNC’d alloy Boa dials add some panache, but they also feature durable spring clutch internals and precise, one-millimeter micro-adjustments that let you perfectly dial-in your fit.
The S-Works Recon embodies everything known about footwear, compacted into one shoe with no compromises, no shortcuts—just explosive speed and superior comfort.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- The stiffest and lightest mixed-terrain FACT carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- Dyneema Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Independent alloy BOA S3-Snap dials for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA Lifetime Guarantee.
- PadLock heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration.
- Titanium alloy cleat nut
- SlipNot rubber heel and toe tread for confident traction on all terrain with removable toe studs.
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort.
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals.
- Approximate weight: 301g (per ½ pair, size 42)
ERIK'S Low Price Guarantee
If you find a lower price on an identical bike or related product within 30 days of purchase, ERIK'S will refund you the difference! Click here for further details.
At ERIK'S, our expertly trained staff are ready to help you make the right purchase decision.