(May not be available at all locations, while supplies last)
The 2020 Jones Hovercraft Snowboard is an alternative freeride board who’s nimble maneuverability and diverse performance has earned it a cult following. The unique shape matched with a directional rocker profile, Traction Tech 3.0 and a long sidecut allows the Hovercraft to float through any snow plus rail turns of any size. With a blunt nose, a short stiff tail, and a wide waist width, the Hovercraft is designed to be ridden shorter then your average freeride board as the compact shape packs serious surface area in a small package. The Hovercraft features a 3D Contour Base 4.0 with spooned nose+tail edges for improved float plus a speed channel in the tail for added glide. New for 2020, the Hovercraft is built with an FSC Engineered Veneer topsheet.
This snowboard features a die-cut base, color combinations may vary from image.
- Directional Rocker Crafting: A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- Traction Tech: Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Progressive Sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Blunt Nose: How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight.
- FSC Classic Core: Full wood premium poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- FSC Engineered Veneer: Composite wood veneer topsheets made from 100% FSC certified wood. Wood veneer topsheets dampen ride and absorb board chatter.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Sintered 7000 Base: Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
- Flip Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.