(May not be available at all locations, while supplies last)
The 2020 Jones Flagship Freeride Snowboard excels in steep, technical terrain and is widely known as one of the most confidence inspiring freeride boards on the planet. Featuring a blunt nose, progressive sidecut and 3D Contour Base 3.0 contours, the Flagship floats, stomps, or straight lines with unbelievable precision. The edges of the Flagship’s blunt nose are beveled up for improved float and turn fluidity while the tail edges are beveled up for less catch. Power V Basalt stringers transfer rider input directly to the edges and the Flagship’s FSC Engineered Veneer Topsheet improves ECO-performance.
This snowboard features a die-cut base, color combinations may vary from image.
- Directional Rocker Profile: A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- Traction Tech 3.0: Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Progressive Sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- 3D Contour Base 3.0: Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- FSC Control Core: Dual-density full premium wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio that keeps core light but ultra damp.
- Flax: Flax fiber represents the future of sustainable snowboard manufacturing as this natural fiber is lighter then carbon and fiberglass and is 100% bio-sourced. The Flax also uses less resin in the board layup which saves more weight and synthetic materials. Flax fibers are used in place of a traditional topsheet and offer a damp ride that absorbs chatter at any speed.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Flax / Basalt Stringers: Jones exclusive sustainable stringer made with 100% natural fibers. Composite Flax and Basalt stringers help transfer power to the edges, improves torsional response and absorbs board chatter.
- Sintered 9900 Base: Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Stiffness: 8/10
- Flip Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.