(May not be available at all locations, while supplies last)
Shortcut the learning curve with an all-around board that's catch-free and easy for boosting confidence anywhere you take it. Some riders just want to get straight to the fun part. Enjoy a no-fuss feel with the 2020 Burton Instigator Snowboard, a board designed to help accelerate the learning curve and instigate a good time from your first moment on the mountain. The combination of a Flat Top bend and Cruise Control convex base keeps things friendly underfoot, creating a catch-free feel that maintains stability and control. The Channel mounting system gives you the easiest, most adjustable setup with bindings from all major brands (not just Burton's). Get out and instigate shredtastic fun on the Burton Instigator!
- Flat Top: Rising rider or seasoned pro, keep your game high and tight with Flat Top. A flat profile between the feet means stability, better balance, and continuous edge control. The tip and tail kick up with an early rise outside the feet for the catch-free, loose feeling you’d expect from rocker.
- Directional Shape: The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- 5mm Taper: A tapered shape means the nose is wider than the tail, promoting smooth turn entry and exit, stability at speed, and enhanced deep snow floatation. Look for different amounts of taper throughout the line.
- Twin Flex: The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
- FSC Certified Super Fly 800G Core: Lightened up and loaded with pop, the dual-species wood core utilizes dual-density vertical laminations of alternating softwood/hardwood to reduce overall weight with no sacrifice in strength or performance.
- Dualzone EGD: Engineered wood grains for more edge-hold, response, and strength. The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- SqueezeBox Low: Profiled core for easier board control, more energy, and pop. With an overall easier feel, Squeezebox Low brings high-end core profiling technology to the progressing rider. Stiffer zones just outside your feet create a more direct energy transfer to the tip and tail, while enabling a softer, smoother flex between the bindings. The end result is more control with less effort from the rider.
- Biax Fiberglass: Features a jib-friendly, torsionally soft flex and forgiving, park-friendly feel.
- Extruded Base: Speed and strength in a base that requires little maintenance. Pass your friends without even waxing.
- The Channel: Stronger, faster, easier, and designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you - The Channel gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
- Super Sap Epoxy: A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board, which is good in our book.
- Pro Tip: A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Skill Level: Beginner