(May not be available at all locations, while supplies last)
Designed to thrive in Burton's back yard, this chunder buster loves to go fast, blast, and dodge through the tightest trees. Burton board designers spend a lot of time poking around in the woods of Vermont, thier home state. Tight trees, steep lines, and sudden drops are to be expected, and the 2020 Burton Family Tree Hometown Hero Snowboard is custom tailored to power through it all. Blast past the tourists and cut straight to the goods. Strategically placed glass stiffens up the nose and tail, allowing the center to flex while retaining snap and response where you need it most. Directional Camber blends with Balanced Freeride Geometry to maintain stability, while an FSC Certified Super Fly II core pairs with bio-based Super Sap Epoxy for a low carbon footprint.
- Directional Camber: Entry rocker causes the nose to lift while camber under both feet maintains momentum and stability through deep-driving turns and variable conditions.
- Freeride Directional Shape: Twin or directional is the age-old question for creative rippers like Terje. Balanced Freeride Geometry ends the debate with setback camber and a sidecut that is centered on your stance to create a twin freestyle feel when riding flat base. On edge it turns tight and quick with the float and prowess expected from a directional deck.
- 12mm Taper: A tapered shape means the nose is wider than the tail, promoting smooth turn entry and exit, stability at speed, and enhanced deep snow floatation. Look for different amounts of taper throughout the line.
- Twin Flex: The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
- FSC Certified SuperFly II 700G Core: Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- Dualzone EGD: Engineered wood grains for more edge-hold, response, and strength. The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Squeezebox: The most versatile Squeezebox profile improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
- 45 Degree Carbon Highlights: Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride.
- Recycled Sintered WFO Base: Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
- The Channel: Stronger, faster, easier, and designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you - The Channel gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
- Super Sap Epoxy: A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board, which is good in our book.
- Pro Tip: A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Infinite Ride: This Burton-exclusive technology allows Burton to maximize pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Rest assured that with Infinite Ride your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
- Skill Level: Intermediate, Expert