The 2020 Assos Trail Cargo Shorts take the concept of adaptable, all-mountain shorts to a new realm, made possible by streamlined tailoring and progressive materials. They’ve been developed with a waistband that smoothly holds the shorts in place, a cut that’s trim around the crotch to avoid saddle snag, a length that’s ideal with or without pads, and a versatile new fabric that flexes with each pedal stroke.
Other baggies always bunch in odd places and the addition of fasteners, webbing, and zippers all contribute to unnecessary weight and pinching during pedaling. This minimal approach uses an adaptable textile for the primary panels, one that’s equal parts durable and lightweight. More specifically, it’s a bi-stretch woven that’s extremely consistent in terms of composition, translating to a fast-drying, comfortable material that holds up on the trail. With a trim top block, starting with the highly elastic waist panel for a smooth, comfortable wrap on the waist, the upper legs’ circumference is tailored to ensure your saddle can float between your legs, free of any material hang-ups.
- Type.OF11: A high-density bi-stretch woven, 160g/m2 UPF50+, highly abrasion resistant, lightweight, fast-drying, with DWR treatment to protect from rain and mud.
- AZPtech (abdomZeroPressure): A new waist construction developed with a soft, highly elastic material to improve the comfort and hold at the waist, minus any pressure or pinching.
- Zippered Pockets: Two center-thigh zippered slash pockets for small carry items.
- trailFit: Follows the body’s natural motions in, and out, of the saddle—trim, but never restrictive. A comfortable, versatile fit that’s perfect for an array of off-road riding applications, whether that’s one hour or all day.
- Inseam Length: At 12in (31cm) in size medium, the length is perfect with or without pads.