45NRTH Japanther Cold Weather Cycling Shoe 2017
Say goodbye to shoe covers, and say hello to happy feet! The 2017 45North Japanther MTN Cycling Shoe is a performance shoe made specifically for riding in cool and wet conditions as well as for cyclocross athletes. The Japanther features a layer of micro-porous material, water resistant zippers and rubberized shell that extends above the ankle to create a shoe that delivers waterproofing while maintaining moisture control. The waffled foam insole features arch support and heat-reflective aluminum with wool felt to keep your feet warm when temps start to drop. The Japanther also features microglass outsole rubber technology to enhance surface traction while walking or running on slippery surfaces, making them great for cyclocross season. Keep the riding season going with the Japanther!
- Upper: Rubberized textile, stretch poly, durable polyurethane mudguard
- Insole: Waffled foam to trap heat, reflective aluminum, wool felt, sculpted for arch support
- Outsole: Real rubber, anti-slip micro-glass filament lugs
- Midsole: Fiberglass-injected nylon with high impact resistance
- Closure: Cord lace inner closure, #5 zippered outer closure with water-resistant coating
- Last: Performance last designed for rigorous training and competition positions the foot for optimal energy transfer, with a roomy forefoot that provides comfort for longer rides.
- Waterproof-breathable Membrane: An ultra-thin sheet of microporous material behind our textile shells keeps you dry and warm in the harshest weather conditions. Liquid water molecules from outside of the garment are larger than vapor molecules created by body heat from the inside. The microscopic pores are smaller than liquid water molecules, but larger than vapor molecules. As a result, waterproof-breathable membranes stop liquid from the outside, but release vapor from the inside for thermal and moisture regulation.
- Anti-Slip Microglass Rubber: Microscopic glass fibers are electrostatically aligned in the rubber compound to create abrasive protruding shards. These shards are the microglass filaments that create friction on slippery surfaces such as ice, wet wood, wet linoleum and wet metal found on many stairs and floors. This friction is achieved by breaking through the layer of surface liquid between your rubber sole and the ground.
- Waterproof-breathable membrane for moisture control.
- Adjustable ankle diameter for better fit and protection.
- Water resistant zipper.
- Anti-Slip outsole
- 2-bolt SPD
- Suggested Temperature Range: 25 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
ERIK'S Low Price Guarantee
If you find a lower price on an identical bike or related product within 30 days of purchase, ERIK'S will refund you the difference! Click here for further details.
At ERIK'S, our expertly trained staff are ready to help you make the right purchase decision.