The way your bike shoes fit can have a huge effect on how you perform on the bike. The High Performance Footbeds from Specialized enable anyone to fine tune their shoes and fine tune their ride. The medically tested Body Geometry footbeds were co-developed with Andy Pruitt, Director of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine, to enable a semi-custom fit that improves efficiency, increases comfort and reduces potential injury. Available in 3 levels of foot contour: + Red = Minimal, ++ Blue = Moderate and +++ Green = Significant.
- By standing on the Specialized Arch-O-Meter, a rider can determine the optimum level of foot contour
- + Red = minimal contours (this is our stock body geometry footbed with longitudinal arch & metatarsal button support. Same footbed in all our performance shoes. Same footbed we have used since 2000) = for people with flat foot
- ++ Blue = moderate (slightly higher longitudinal arch & metatarsal button) = for people with flat to standard arch
- +++ Green = significant support = for people with standard or high arches
- By combining the correct contour insole with an appropriate amount of BG Shims, the rider can alter forefoot angle to optimize biomechanical foot/knee/hip alignment. Body Geometry Technology
- 2 pair +/- 1.5mm varus and 1 pair +/- 1.5mm valgus wedges included
- Using the appropriate amount of BG Shims, the rider can adjust forefoot angle to optimize biomechanical foot/knee/hip alignment