Grants Application: How to Apply
Erik's Bike shop is pleased to announce the 2012 Erik's Grant Program to award $50,000 to help support various non-profit organizations, charitable events, community programs, and bicycle advocacy efforts that further Erik's mission throughout our community. Erik's grant support is awarded in various forms, including:
- monetary contributions
- gift cards
- product donation
- in-kind mechanic, ride support, & sales staff labor
- display & sales tent, and
- educational materials & outreach
Please read through the following Guidelines, Eligibility information and review the Submission Deadlines before submitting an Erik's Grant Application.
You may direct questions about the Erik's Grant program and application process via email to email@example.com. Please note, we are having sporadic issues with our sign up form. If you are unable to submit your grant via our form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for an Erik's grant, please read the following guidelines carefully, then fill out and submit the application form below. Proposals will be evaluated on the vision, goals, and needs of the applicant. Please note that submission of a grant application does not guarantee receipt of a grant.
Erik's welcomes grant applications to support a variety of organizations, projects, programs, or events that best fulfill the mission of Erik's – to promote and encourage active, healthy lifestyles through bicycling, skiing, snowboarding, and skateboarding. All eligible proposals must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Promote bicycling, snowboarding, skiing, and/or skateboarding
- Encourage health and wellness through active lifestyles
- Support bicycle safety & advocacy efforts
- Benefit a non-profit organization dedicated to health and wellness
- Provide educational and recreational opportunities for youth
Erik's does not award grants to:
- Individuals for personal gain or personal fundraising
- Applicants located outside of Erik's business communities
- Religious or political organizations
- Athletic teams or events unrelated to health & wellness, bicycling, snowboarding, skiing, or skateboarding.
Submission and Review
Erik's will review grant applications three times per year. Applications must be received by the following dates in order to be considered for the decision date 30 days after submission. For grant requests that do not involve a specific event date (e.g., on-going programmatic support), please submit an application by the nearest deadline of those listed below:
For Events in April, May, June:
- Application Deadline: March 1
- Decision Date: March 31
For Events in July, August, September:
- Application Deadline: May 1
- Decision Date: May 31
For Events in October, November, December:
- Application Deadline: September 1
- Decision Date: September 30
All grant applicants will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application. The Erik's grant committee will review eligible and complete applications during the 30 days following each submission deadline listed above. A written response and decision will be sent to the applicant within 30 days of the submission deadline. Please note that Erik's does not automatically award grants to organizations, projects, programs, or events that have been supported in the past. A grant request must be submitted each year for re-evaluation.